- We will make 2005 Milpitas Table Tennis t-shirts soon. Please check out(http://www.cafepress.com/milpitas) to see how it looks. The on-line shop, although fully functional, is too expensive. If you order from there, MSC won't get too much benefit from it. I just use it to illustrate how the graphics will look on the t-shirt. Please reserve your t-shirt from me. The cost is $15 per t-shirt and $5 will go to MSC equipment fund. Please specify the size, color and number of t-shirts you want. Not all colors will be available. (especially dark colors) I am still in the process negotiating with the vendor. Let me know if you have suggests/questions.
- Congratulations to Bruce Liu, and Desong Liu who won our weekly round robin for table 1, 2, respectively. 5 out of 10 matches in table 1 went to fifth game. 5th seed Wen Huang upset 3rd seed and lost the rest of the 3 matches. However, all those matches went to 5th game. Click here for full results. 960 matches have been played since the League started.
- Unfortunately, USATT only accepts results for current members. If you want to be rated, you need to renew or join USATT. The current annual fee for full member is $40. This includes one year membership, 6 bi-monthly magazine, and playing in the USATT sanctioned tournament. If you only want your league results being rated, the USATT league membership only costs $12 a year. You can join USATT through our club. Please send me email (email@example.com) if you are interested. Please go to http://www.usatt.org for more information.
- Coach Chai will have some training classes in the following two Saturdays. So we will have 3 tables for RR on 3/17 and 3/26. Please send email to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) to reserve one if you want to participate. The recommended contribution is $4. Also, please arrive by 2:15 PM to check in with me. After that, we will let drop-ins take the spots.
- The next clinic will be on 4/2. We will have six 30-minute sessions. If you feel it is too short, you can take two sessions at a time. (60 minutes) Please reserve your spot by sending me email. The clinic was conducted by Jim Chai, USATT certified regional coach. He volunteers his time for those free clinics. However, $10 per 30-minute session donation is recommended.
- For new players' information, MSC does not have budget to buy table tennis equipment. All tables were donated by players. Currently, seven tables are leased. The lease is not extendable will expire in the Summer of 2006. By that time, we need to raise enough money to buy seven tables. So, please make your contribution. No amount is too small. All contributions will be recorded here in the website. So far, we are a little bit behind at the rate we are receiving money. If you have any idea to raise money, please do not hesitate to talk to me.
- Financial position:
$40: from round robin
$2: DVD's (JC $2)
$40: from clinics (Gary $20, Irene $10, Hung-Jen $10)
$3.40: prize for the RR