- Hermann Luechinger, player/contributer of MSC, had an operation for his bladder cancer last Wednesday. He is expecting a full recovery. He was very pleased to receive our get-well card and flowers and would like to thank you all.
- Yet another great result from the Western Open at Berkeley. The photos will be up soon.
- Congratulations to Guo Xi who won 2/24 Pre-Western Warmup round robin. Click here for full results. He won under 22 event by beating Misha Kazantsev (2370) and Auria Malek (2368). In fact, all five RR players had good results:
- Guo Xi: Men's U22 Champion
- Sara Fu: Women's Open and Women's U22 Champion
- Wilson Tsao: U2125 Champion
- Joey Hu: U2125 2nd place and U4200 Doubles 2nd place
- Michael Sung: U4200 Doubles Champion
- Congratulations to Dan Lin, Ron Wallace, and Nitin Bhatia who won 2/18/2006 round robin for table 1, 2, and 3, respectively. Click here for full results. 2245 matches have been played since the League started in 2003.
- 2/24 RR is full. Please sign up for 3/4. Only 11 spots are still available.
- The clinics for February are fully booked. Only standbys are available. We have cancellations once in a while. You are welcome to reserve for future dates. $10 recommended per 30-minute session. Thanks to USATT regional coach Jim Chai who donates all proceeds to the club.
- Financial position:
$0: Free RR
$50: 2/14 clinics
$70: 2/21 clinics
$5.10: RR prize (Dan, Ron, and Nitin: I owe one box of balls to each of you.)
$23.80: Get-well card and flower