After pondering for a long time and consulting with quite a few people, it seems that it makes sense that we will not return to the Milpitas Sports Center after the renovation. Here are the main reasons:
- Milpitas has two full-time table tennis clubs already. There is also Top Spin not to far away in Santa Clara.
- The growth potential in MSC is very limited due to the storage space and lack of time slots.
- The cost. If you go to MSC twice a week, the drop-in fee is likely more expensive then the membership fees in most clubs.
- 412 MSCTT group subscribers
- 372 players participated in the largest USATT Singles League
- Everything was run by volunteers. No funding whatsoever but players' contribution.
- Great results locally and nationally